Many people don’t realize just how much hormones affect the way we feel and how our bodies function. Hormones control so many functions! You’re probably heard of cortisol, the stress hormone. Hormones also control how quickly we burn calories, our libido, acne, hair loss, weight, moods, and much more.
A hormone imbalance can lead to symptoms that feel like depression (or is depression), iron or other deficiency, exhaustion, and poor health.
We need the right balance to function properly.
A loose analogy would be putting the wrong type of oil and gas into your vehicle. It might run, but poorly, so you might not realize what the problem is. Many people have heard that a thyroid imbalance can cause weight gain and other problems, so let’s go over two other imbalances that you may not be aware of.
We have two adrenal glands. The adrenal cortex releases hormones that are necessary for us to live. The adrenal medulla releases hormones that aren’t essential, but they’re still important and affect our health.
Following are symptoms for both an insufficiency and excess of hormone.
If you find you have five or more of the symptoms on either list, it’s possible that your adrenal glands are not functioning as they should.
Adrenal Hormone Insufficiency
- Exhausted no matter how much sleep you get
- Burn Out
- You use stimulants to stay awake
- You feel negative most of the time
- You feel irrational
- You have bouts of crying over things you wouldn’t normally cry over
- You feel emotionally fragile
- Low blood pressure
- You feel dizzy if you stand up from lying down
- Frequent infections or illness
- Low blood sugar
- Crave salty foods
- Diarrhea, constipation or alternate between both
- Insomnia and have trouble staying asleep
- Awake in the early hours of the morning
- Adrenal Hormone Excess
- Struggle to get to sleep even though you’re tired
- Crave sugar particularly after a meal
- Carry extra weight around your midsection/abdominal
- Feel bloated
- Eczema, thin skin or other skin conditions
- Feel like your heart is racing
- High blood pressure
- Shakiness between meals
Pink or purple stretch marks on your belly or back
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Often anxious
- Irritability or just don’t feel like yourself
- Have trouble falling pregnant
- Crave carbohydrates
As you can see, hormones can completely change how you feel!
Sex Hormone Imbalance
“Sex” hormone might not be what you first think about.
The side effects of this kind of imbalance include acne persisting long after puberty, mood swings, facial hair and a swollen tummy!
The symptoms are more physical and visual with this imbalance, and they affect your fertility.
Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance are:
- Abdominal bloating
- Swollen and/or tender breasts
- Low libido
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Mood swings
- Fibrocystic breasts (lumpy breasts)
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Cold hands or feet
- Trouble sleeping or insomnia
- Anxiety or irritability
- Difficulty falling pregnant
If you find that you’re experiencing a number of these symptoms, it’s time to look closer.
Luckily, there are natural ways to control and manage your hormones so you feel healthy again.
Once I started learning about hormones and functions I knew exactly what my issue was and managed with your help to get it under control! I’ve honestly never been so grateful for an eBook in my whole life!
It’s an easy decision, and if you’ve been living with hormone imbalances, one that might just change your life!